A $1000 to $2000 scholarship shall be awarded to two to three individuals with neurological disabilities, or the child of that person, for post high school education both spring and fall semester. All of the following critiera must be met by an applicant to be considered eligable.
- Priority going to direct spinal cord injuries and diseases resulting in paralysis such as spinal tumors, strokes or aneurysms affecting the spinal cord, or spina bifida. Other diseases and disorders that would be considered include MS, traumatic brain injuries, Parkinson’s and cerebral palsy
- The applicant must have a high school or college GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- There are no income restrictions.
- Applications will be accepted only from individuals that are in there last semester of high school or currently in college.
- Applicants must be attending a four-year college, pursuing an associate degree or attending a post graduate program.
- A written essay of 200 words or less is required.
- The essay should describe the reasons why the applicant deserves the scholarship. The essay should be typed and double spaced.
- The applicant must list five and ten-year goals.
- The applicant has to provide a list of work experience.
- All application materials must be in by 12/8/2017.
Qualifications & Priority To Receive a Scholarship
- Individuals suffering from a direct spinal cord injury or disease resulting in paralysis such as spinal tumors, strokes or aneurysms affecting the spinal cord, or spina bifida are given first priority. Other diseases and disorders that would be considered include MS, traumatic brain injuries, Parkinson’s and cerebral palsy. Conditions such as ADHD or dyslexia do not qualify.
- Priority is also given to people living in Wisconsin, but scholarships still may be given out to individuals residing in the United States depending on the funds available.
Please follow the instructions when applying for a scholarship.
- Review scholarship criteria before completing the application.
- Answer all questions as completely and as accurately as possible.
- Clearly print (black or blue ink) or type application. Include attachments as necessary.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail.
- The following items must be received by the deadline date:
- Official Transcripts (high school, college, etc.)
- Instructor’s recommendation
The completed application and all materials should be mailed to:
Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation
P.O. Box 1388
Waukesha, WI 53187-1388